Take note: these items could ruin your sermon.
1. Make it about you, not Jesus.
3. Forget to use your clutch (also called “transitions“) as you switch gears between points.
4. Preach like a Texas steer…a point here, a point there and a lot of bull in-between.
5. String together random verses to support your outline instead of drawing your sermon from a strong exposition of God’s Word.
6. Steal your sermon outlines from someone else instead of wrestling through your own.
7. Take 30 minutes to make a 10-minute point.
9. Overuse or underuse humor, stories and illustrations.
10. Refuse to give the Gospel.